Kirkland Oktoberfest (September 24th thru 26th). Tickets are now on sale.
Dubbed “Seattle’s most authentic Oktoberfest tradition,” Kirkland Oktoberfest spans three days with lots of great beer, fun, games, music, and more. And of course, wiener dog races! This year’s festivities take place on September 24th thru 26th on the shores of Lake Washington in downtown Kirkland. Tickets are on sale now.
At Kirkland Oktoberfest, they pride themselves on serving beer “The way it’s meant to be drank – by the full pour.” Instead of small tasters of beloved European lagers, you can get a full glass of beer and spend less time standing in line and more time enjoying the festival. Of course, they’ll also have a selection of craft beers from local breweries.
If a full pour is a bit intimidating, you can also get half-sized pours as well. Got the big eye? They’ll also offer full-liter pours (and half-liter pours) so you can oom-pah-pah like a real German.
All weekend long, music will fill the air. Not just traditional Oktoberfest music from the Bavarian Beer Garten Band, but other music too, from the likes of DJ Indica Jones and others. Along with that, other fun stuff includes Mr. and Mrs. Oktoberfest Contests, Stein Hoisting, Keg Rolling, and more.
On Sunday, dogs are welcome at the event and a special highlight is the annual, beloved Wiener Dog Races. Dachshunds and other pooches compete for your entertainment. The dog races are all-ages (the beer festival itself is 21+).
It all takes place at Kirkland’s Marina Park on the shores of Lake Washington. Here is a list of event highlights. Learn more on the official event website.
- 21+ only with valid ID to enter Oktoberfest
- All-ages Wiener Dog Races on Sunday
- Sunday is Dog Day (bring your pooch!)
- .5 liter and 1 liter pours
- German imported and local craft biers and ciders
- Lederhosen and Dirndls optional (required for Bavarian Handshake)
- Bring your own stein (everyone needs a friend)
- There is nothing mini about this fest. We like Big Beers and we cannot lie
- We are Re-entry Friendly. That means you can come and go as you please
There are a number of different ticket options including an all-weekend pass. Get tickets and learn more here.