No-Li Brewhouse is already thinking about the season of giving
It’s too early to start thinking about Christmas, right? Not necessarily. In Spokane, No-Li Brewhouse has some planning to do as the season of giving approaches. If nothing else, this early announcement might plant a seed in your head and get you thinking about which community organizations, non-profit groups, or other charitable causes deserve your support this year.
At their best, local breweries are an important thread in the fabric of the communities in which they exist. At their best, local breweries offer the community more than beer. No-Li Brewhouse exemplifies that ideal. Starting on December 1st, the Spokane-born brewery will donate $1,000 per day to a community-focused organization. Family shelters, food banks, foster care programs, and the list goes on. For 25 days No-Li Brewhouse will step up to support the worthwhile organizations that support the community. They’re calling it the 25 Days of Christmas.
Beyond putting up posters at the taproom, the brewery engages in no self-aggrandizing about it. I am tooting their horn of my own volition. This is the kind of thing that No-Li Brewhouse does regularly and quietly. They set an example for the rest of us. I think they deserve some recognition for it.
“A strong community takes the commitment of each of us to give more than we take,” says Cindy Bryant of No-Li Brewhouse. “These 25 organizations exemplify this idea, reaching into our local neighborhoods to uplift our fellow citizens with respect, dignity and caring.”
So how will you step up for the season of giving this year? Here’s the list of organizations that will feel some love from No-Li Brewhouse this year.
NO-LI 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS CHARITIES
- Wednesday, Dec. 1st – TEEN AND KID CLOSET
- Thursday, Dec. 2nd- ODYSSEY YOUTH MOVEMENT
- Friday, Dec. 3rd – CROSSWALK
- Saturday, Dec. 4th – DR. MLK JR. CENTER
- Sunday, Dec. 5th – JOYA
- Monday, Dec. 6th – WOMEN HELPING WOMEN
- Tuesday, Dec. 7th – EMBRACE WASHINGTON
- Wednesday, Dec. 8th –CASA PARTNERS
- Thursday, Dec. 9th – COZY CONNECTIONS/SEATTLE
- Friday, Dec. 10th – WOMEN AND CHILDREN FREE RESTAURANT
- Saturday, Dec. 11th – ST. MARGARET’S FAMILY SHELTER
- Sunday, Dec. 12th – SECOND HARVEST
- Monday, Dec. 13th- TERRAIN
- Tuesday, Dec. 14th – VANESSA BEHAN
- Wednesday, Dec. 15th – SPOKANE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
- Thursday, Dec. 16th – CAMP REED
- Friday, Dec. 17th – SPOKANE PRIDE
- Saturday, Dec. 18th –NEWBY GINNINGS/ POST FALLS, IDAHO
- Sunday, Dec. 19th – END THE VIOLENCE
- Monday, Dec. 20th- KINDERHAVEN/SANDPOINT, IDAHO
- Tuesday, Dec. 21st – SAFE PASSAGES/ COEUR D’ALENE, IDAHO
- Wednesday, Dec. 22nd – SPOKANE FANTASY FLIGHT
- Thursday, Dec. 23rd – SPOKANE ANGELS
- Friday, Dec. 24th – WASHINGTON STATE VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTER’S ASSOCIATION/ WASHINGTON STATE
- Saturday, Dec. 25th – SPOKANE QUARANTEAM