Posted on May 11, 2022 – Here is another job opportunity at Mac & Jack’s Brewery.
From the brewery:
Interested parties should go here: https://www.macandjacks.com/careers
Mac and Jack’s Brewery is looking for a third shift Brewer to join the team at our Redmond, WA production brewery. We’re a 29 yr old brand looking to take things to the next level, and need the help of an energetic and reliable individual to get there. You’ll work closely with the Head Brewer and the rest of the production team to ensure that a consistent, high quality product is the only thing we ship. If you are a night owl, understand the importance of quality, and enjoy working in for and awesome organization, then we would love to talk to you.
Position: Brewer (third shift)
Hours: Monday through Thursday: 8:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Location: Redmond, WA
Reports to: Head Brewer
Responsibilities: Manage the day to day operations of the brewhouse and related responsibilities on the third shift: Grain to Conditioning with focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity and Sanitization. Ability to communicate effectively, ensuring turn over from previous shift and following shift carry-over items are detailed, communicated and or documented.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Thorough and timely communication with co-workers, Head Brewer and Brewery Manager.
- Manage wort production through all steps
- Raw materials management (grain, hops and spent grain)
- Maintain quality parameters at all times, documenting all exceptions
- Work with prescribed CIP chemicals based on established SDS guidelines
- Maintain proper data base brewing reports
- Maintain cleanliness of the brewhouse and related areas
- Communicate effectively any and all maintenance related issues
- CIP of 20 bbl Brewhouse
- CIP of 40 and 80 bbls FVs
- Dry hopping
- Previous brewing experience or related experience preferred but not required.
- You have to love the third shift. We realize this is not for everybody and yet there are people out there who would rather be awake at night. If that is you this is a great opportunity.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude even in the face of stress and adversity
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 lbs
For more jobs in the Washington beer and brewing industries, see our Jobs page.