Each year, Sip Magazine invites brewers across the Pacific Northwest to submit beers for its Best of the Northwest judging. Not just beer, actually, the magazine also judges wine, spirits, cider, and seltzer as well, but our focus is the beer part, of course.
The judges’ top four picks in each category are featured in the magazine’s annual Best of the Northwest issue — the November issue. The issue also features stories about industry leaders, top trends, and products.
On a personal note, I serve as one of the judges and regularly contribute content for the Best of the Northwest issue. Call it narrow self-interests if you like, but I look forward to evaluating your best beers.
Here is the announcement from Sip Magazine.
Submit Your Beer to Sip Magazine’s 2021 Best of the Northwest!
We are now accepting submissions for our tenth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this annual print collector’s issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits, cider and seltzer the region has to offer. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals. The issue will also cover industry leaders, trends and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit beers to the 2021 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
1. Cost of entry is $45 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Wednesday, August 4th to be entered in the judging.
2. Please submit your beer by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser**). The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
3. Send four (4) samples of each submission for 500ml or less, two (2) samples for 22oz or 750ml bottles or one (1) 64 oz growler.
4. List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes. As in, if this beer only comes in 6-packs or draft, please provide that price.
5. All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6. Submission & product delivery deadline is Wednesday, August 4th 2021.
*** JUDGING will take place on August 24th & 25th