Silver City Brewery just spiffed up its look with the help of Seattle’s Blindtiger Design*, and damn it looks sharp! Some of the familiar beers have a new look, and the main logo is friggin’ hot! Simple, sleek, stylish. We discuss some details about the new look below.
But wait, there’s more! Along with the new look, Silver City Brewery has some new brews on the horizon. One of them is already around, kickin’ butt and taking names. It is about to find its way into the year-round lineup: Range West IPA.
I first drank Range West IPA a while ago when writing about it for Sip Magazine’s Best of the Northwest Beer Awards. Range West IPA was awarded top honors in the West Coast IPA category, which is no small feat. A lot of really good beers were on the table that day but in a double-blind tasting format, the panel of expert judges handed over the platinum award to Range West IPA.
Here are some highlights of the new look:
- Tropic Haze IPA was updated with a laid-back illustration of its iconic palm tree.
- Ridgetop Red’s packaging now features a mountaintop fire lookout.
- Ride the Spiral Double IPA sports an abstract nod to the enigmatic and sometimes surreal wilderness of the Pacific Northwest.
Silver City Brewery is also excited to introduce some new additions to the roster – available on draft now, with package product hitting shelves soon:
- Range West IPA: A four-season beer, Range West is an approachable, light-bodied West Coast style IPA. Moderate bitterness nods to the challenges of blazing new trails, balanced by aromas of citrus, grapefruit, lemon, and pine. Range West IPA was recently awarded Platinum in the Sip Magazine 2023 “Best of The Northwest Beer Awards”
- Silver City Pils: This crisp, cold Pilsner invites you to savor the simple pleasures of life. Grainy aromatics, subtle hints of water cracker and a touch of honey. Like old friends sharing stories by the fire, the sweetness and bitterness balance perfectly. Silver City Pils was awarded a Silver Medal in the recent Washington Beer Awards.
- A rotating 16oz IPA Series featuring different IPA styles and techniques with each release, starting with a Phantasm-infused IPA and a Cold IPA in early 2024.
- A rotating 16oz Lager Series including new recipes and returning favorites, kicking off with a Helles and a Vienna Style Lager in early 2024.
- Silver City Variety 12-Pack: Featuring new beers Silver City Pils and Range West IPA, along with Tropic Haze IPA, and Ridgetop Red Ale for a balanced mix.
Keep an eye out for the new stuff from Silver City at better beer retailers around the Puget Sound region.
* Disclosure: Blindtiger is the awesome craft-focused design agency that handled the Washington Beer Blog’s rebranding a few years back. They really are the best. We love them to death! Sorry if we’re gushing. Check out Blindtiger’s work for yourself.