A road trip across the nation, fueled by IPA
On Friday, April 30th and Saturday, May 1st, BeerAdvocate presents IPA Fest in Cyberspace. This live-streamed event involves beer and brewers from across that nation. Tickets go on sale today.
Even if you are an IPA contrarian, you cannot ignore its importance in the realm of American craft beer. This one style of beer is what fueled the industry’s growth for at least the past decade. I’m not just saying it, industry sales data confirms it. Virtually all of the nation’s 8,000-plus breweries create IPA and most produce more than one. If you are going to cruise across the nation and explore its various regions through the lens of beer, IPA is the perfect vehicle for such a road trip. Virtual or IRL.
For this event, BeerAdvocate partnered with Half Time Beverage. Attendees receive a curated box of 12 India Pale Ales from each geographic region in the USA, access to the tasting events hosted by Todd Alström (BeerAdvocate) and Edgar Preciado (BeerThugLife), and the opportunity to learn about the beers from participating brewers during two online sessions. Representatives from each brewery will talk about their beer.
Each package includes:
- A hand-curated box of IPAs from twelve (12) breweries shipped to your door from Half Time (perfect for couples or for sharing with your pod)
- NEW – Beers will be packed in a freezer liner with cold packs
- Two BeerAdvocate-branded Govino tasting cups (our standard fest cup to make you feel nostalgic for our in-person fests)
- Shipping and handling
- Access to view the live hangout sessions
- Access to the private discussion forum
- Discounts on exclusive fest merch while supplies last
- Invites to the pre- and post-Zoom parties with Todd and Edgar (first come, first served)
1. Compton – BeerThugLife (Compton, California)
2. Great Lakes – Hop Butcher for the World (Darien, Illinois)
3. Mid-Atlantic – DC Brau Brewing Co. (District of Columbia)
4. Midwest – Drekker Brewing Co. (Fargo, North Dakota)
5. Mountain – We’re working on locking this one down soon!
6. New England –Lawson’s Finest Liquids (Waitsfield, Vermont)
7. Northwest –Breakside Brewery (Portland, Oregon)
8. Pacific – Russian River Brewing Co. (Windsor, California)
9. South – Against the Grain Brewery (Louisville, Kentucky)
10. South-Atlantic – New Realm Brewing Co. (Atlanta, Georgia)
11. Southwest – Weathered Souls Brewing Co. (San Antonio, Texas)
12. To be announced – We’re working on locking this one down soon!