Bellingham, Washington’s El Sueñito is a craft brewery and tamale shop. I enjoy saying those two things together. Beer and tamales? Yes, please! Just about a year ago El Sueñito Brewing and Frelard Tamales opened in Bellingham, adding more beer and some delicious food to the blossoming Sunnyland Brewery District. (The neighborhood is also home to five other breweries.) On Friday, February 9th and Saturday, February 10th El Sueñito celebrates its first anniversary.
In addition to some fun stuff happening at the brewer, like a drag brunch, El Sueñito will release its anniversary beer: Meztli, an American Stout. Learn more about the beer below. They’ll offer a “keep the pint glass” deal, too. And the pint glass is beautiful.
Congrats to El Sueñito! Happy first birthday! There’s a lot to like about El Sueñito Brewing’s story and you can read more about the brewery, and the people behind it, in this story. For now, know that El Sueñito is celebrating its first anniversary on February 9th and 10th. Here is the info straight from the source:
Join us to celebrate our first trip around the sun! That’s right, El Sueñito Brewing & Frelard Tamales in Bellingham is turning one year in February and we thought we would throw a small party to celebrate a year of good memories, new friendships, community, great beer and delicious food. Join us!
Everything starts on Friday, February 9th. On Friday, you can expect the following:
- Special beer release of our anniversary beer: Meztli, our American Stout. Mezli (Mētztli in Aztec mythology) is the goddess of the moon, the night and farmers. We couldn’t think of a better name for a dark and roasty beer with notes of chocolate and coffee.
- A keep the pint promo with our beautiful anniversary commemorative glasses
- Special food menu featuring new food items just for the anniversary weekend.
On Saturday, February. 10th you can expect the following:
- Drag brunch from 12PM to 1:30PM featuring Issa Man, Queen Andrew Scott, Kali Vera & Rikki Sinsation. Drag brunch is open to 21+. Tickets are required and can be purchased here:
- More special food items
- Raffle: stop by and put in your name for a chance to win some merch, gift cards and other exciting prizes.
We are working to add a few more weekend activities. Stay tuned to our social media channels to learn more. Join us in celebration!
Check out the Washington Beer Blog’s events page for more beer-related events around Washington.