The Brewers Association just introduced its 2022 Board of Directors (pictured above). This includes a new chairperson, Garrett Marrero, CEO and co-founder, Maui Brewing Company. There are currently three local, Washington members on the Board of Directors, as listed below.
Pamela Brulotte, one of the founders/owners of Icicle Brewing in Leavenworth, joins the board this year for the first time. She fills one of the three at-large representative seats and will serve a two-year term.
Fremont Brewing’s Sara Nelson continues her service on the board and will serve on the Packaging Brewers Representative Board. She is now also serving as a member of the Seattle City Council where she is chair of the Economic Development, Technology & City Light committee. Busy person.
Finally, the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee appointed Cassie Salinas of Everett to fill one of its two seats on the Brewers Association board. Salinas will serve a three-year term.
The Complete Board of Directors
*New to the board this year.
- Chair – Garrett Marrero, Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, Hawaii
- Vice Chair – Leah Cheston, Right Proper Brewing Co., Washington, D.C.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Peter Skrbek, Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.
- Past Chair – Dan Kleban, Maine Beer Company, Freeport, Maine
- Brewers Association President & CEO – Bob Pease
Packaging Brewers Representative Board Members
- *Tomme Arthur, Port Brewing and The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- Chris Herron, Creature Comforts Brewing Company, Athens, Ga.
- Dan Kleban, Maine Beer Co., Freeport, Maine
- Garrett Marrero, Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, Hawaii
- Virginia Morrison, Second Chance Beer Company, San Diego, Calif.
- Sara Nelson, Fremont Brewing Co., Seattle, Wash.
- Jason Perkins, Allagash Brewing Co., Portland, Maine
Pub Brewers Representative Board Members
- Marcus Baskerville, Weathered Souls Brewing Co., San Antonio, Texas
- Leah Cheston, Right Proper Brewing Co., Washington, D.C.
- *Jason Lavery, Lavery Brewing Company, Erie, Pa.
- Kris Spaulding, Brewery Vivant, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Taproom Brewers Representative Board Members
- Betty Bollas, Fibonacci Brewing Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
- *Holly Redding, Winchester Brew Works, Winchester, Va.
- Melissa Romano, Lake Anne Brewhouse, Reston Va.
At-Large Board Members
- Tim Brady, Whetstone Station Restaurant & Brewery, Brattleboro, Vt.
- *Pamela Brulotte, Icicle Brewing Co. Leavenworth, Wash.
- Colby Cox, Roadhouse Brewing Co., Jackson, Wyo.
- Fred Matt, Saranac Brewery/Matt Brewing Company, Utica, N.Y.
- Peter Skrbek, Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.
American Homebrewers Association Representative Board Members
- *Cassie Salinas, Seattle, Wash.
- Roxanne Westendorf, Cincinnati, Ohio
- AHA Governing –Jill Marilley
- Brewpubs – Tim Brady & Kris Spaulding
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion –Virginia Morrison
- Events – Tim Brady
- Executive – Garrett Marrero
- Finance – Peter Skrbek
- Governance –Roxanne Westendorf
- Government Affairs – Garrett Marrero
- Market Development – Fred Matt
- Public Relations & Marketing – Colby Cox
- Taprooms – Melissa Romano & Betty Bollas
- Technical –Jason Perkins & Larry Horwitz
The board of directors guides the strategic direction of the Brewers Association and governs the activities of the professional division of the BA as well as the American Homebrewers Association, Brewers Publications, and events including the Great American Beer FestivalOpens in new window and the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America.