Alesong Brewing and Blending of Eugene, Oregon recently announced the release of five beers for the new year. Here’s the official announcement from the brewery.
Alesong Brewing & Blending to release 5 new barrel-aged beers
With bold, barrel-aged repertoire, Alesong to release new beers at 5th Street tasting room and host pairing event for members at now ‘club-only’ wine country brewery
Eugene’s Alesong Brewing & Blending will release its first 5 beers of 2021 on Feb. 12, revealing to the public a quintet of barrel-aged beers that say, “No style is off limits. No single flavor can define us.” With a dry-hopped grisette releasing just after the brewery took home a GABF gold in the 2020 specialty saison category, and the end of a two-year wait for the return of their highly rated bourbon barrel-aged barleywine, Maestro, their brand new blends are sure to enamor beer drinkers of all types. The 5 new beers being released are:
- Kriek — An Alesong ode to the Belgian cherry ale of the same name. A touch of vanilla bean in the blend provides balance and rounds out its zip of acidity! (Full Distribution)
- Maestro — Aged in bourbon barrels, this English-style barleywine is rich with caramel and oak flavor, finishing with a touch of dried fruit! (Full Distribution)
- Cocoa Maestro — This season’s club-only bottle: A rich bourbon barrel-aged barleywine conditioned on mountains of locally roasted cocoa nibs. A deviantly decadent duo! (Club Only)
- Pacific Bliss — A crisp and refreshing barrel-aged grisette, dry-hopped to add tropical fruit aromas. Perfect for the coming sun! (Club & Tasting Room Only)
- Breakfast Suit — Alesong’s signature bourbon barrel-aged imperial milk stout blended with cold brew, hand-sliced vanilla, cinnamon and heaps of cocoa nibs! (Club & Tasting Room Only)
While Maestro and Kriek will be widely available throughout the PNW, bottles of the most limited blend, the chocolate-laden barleywine, Cocoa Maestro, will be available exclusively to Blender’s Circle bottle club members. And now with a second tasting room in Eugene, Alesong’s wine country brewery and tasting room is also open exclusively for those club members as the barrel-focused brewery opts to host more experiential beer pairing events in the idyllic locale. For more info and to sign up: www.alesongbrewing.com/join.
“Three of our new blends — especially our new stout Breakfast Suit — are these rich and bold, bourbon barrel-aged, hunker-down-and-enjoy-by-the-fire kinds of beers,’” said Doug Coombs, Alesong co-founder. “But Pacific Bliss and Kriek are just so refreshing! They remind us that spring is just around the corner!”
ABOUT ALESONG BREWING AND BLENDING: Alesong Brewing and Blending is a small artisan brewery based in the heart of Southern Willamette Valley wine country with a public tasting room in downtown Eugene. The all-barrel-aged brewery crafts unique and small-batch beers, brewing both wild and non-wild styles that span the flavor spectrum. Once the beer in barrels has matured, the team samples and selects each barrel individually to blend. Paying homage to old-world Lambic blenders and artisan winemakers, Alesong believes that the final, balanced blend of a barrel-aged beer is much more complex and satisfying than the sum of its parts or each individual barrel by itself. For more information, visit alesongbrewing.com.