For pick up or delivery, this is a tasting experience every cider lover will enjoy
The folks who bring you Cider Summit, the top-notch cider festivals that take place every year in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Chicago, have partnered with some Washington cideries to offer cider lovers a pair of to-go cider tasting kits. There’s more to the kits than just cider; it’s a tasting event, too.
Each of the kits was thoughtfully curated and themed for the autumn season and the upcoming festivities. Each kit includes a variety of craft ciders, access to the guided virtual tasting, two Cider Summit stemless tasting glasses, apple and pear stress balls, and small gifts from participating cidermakers (pins, coasters, stickers, coupons, and so on). One of the kits, the Pommeau & Dessert Cider Kit, also includes a Cider Summit bar towel. Order your kit here. More info about the kits below.
“Our tasting kits are bringing new merriment and festive sips to the season,” said Alan Shapiro, Cider Summit co-founder and producer. “These unique ciders are here just in time for Thanksgiving and holiday toasts. We wish we were raising a glass in person, but creating a safe, at-home experience with tasting kits keeps us connected during the pandemic. Cheers to the holidays and your health!”
The guided virtual tasting event included with each kit is co-hosted with Northwest Cider Association (NWCA) on November 21, 2020, from 6:00 to 7:30 P.M. Several of the participating cidermakers will share tasting notes and general merriment. The at-home sipping session is meant to be shared and enjoyed. Proceeds also provide support for NWCA to assist cideries around the region, which have been hit hard by the pandemic. Proceeds also support myeloma and bone cancer research.
The kits will be available for purchase until 11:59 P.M. on November 11th. Available for pick-up in Seattle or delivery to the Seattle-Tacoma metro area. Details below.
The Harvest & Holiday kit is $59.50 (+ taxes & fees) and features eight ciders, including:
- Greenwood Cider Company – Lingonberry (16.9 oz bottle) – Seattle, WA
- Independent Cider – Sno Gem Perry (16.9 oz bottle) – Dryden, WA
- Locust Cider – Blackberry Sage (12 oz can) – Woodinville, WA
- PearUP Cider – Cranperry Caramel (12 oz can) – E. Wenatchee, WA
- Seattle Cider Co. – Punch Bowl (16 oz can) – Seattle, WA
- Sixknot Cider – Purple Sage (16.9 oz bottle) – Twisp, WA
- Tieton Cider Works – Cranberry (12 oz can) – Yakima, WA
- Virtue Salut! Cider Summit Collaboration (16.9 oz bottle) – Fennville, MI
The Pommeau & Dessert Cider kit is $99 (+ taxes & fees) and features four rare liquids, including:
- Alpenfire Cider – Smoke Dessert Cider (12.7 oz bottle) – Port Townsend, WA
- Dragon’s Head – Pommeau (12.7 oz bottle) – Vashon, WA
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery – Chai Spice Wine (12.7 oz bottle) – Chimacum, WA
- Pierre Huet – Poire Demi-Sec (25.4 oz bottle) – Normandy, France
Delivery Thursday and Friday, November 19 and 20 (see a map of the delivery area below).
If you want your kit(s) delivered simply select that option when you check out.
If you want your kit(s) delivered but are outside the delivery area, select Greater WA Delivery when you check out.
Note: The organizers report that they are currently experiencing a technical glitch with certain browsers and that may not allow you to add multiple styles of kits to your shopping cart. You may therefore have to do multiple transactions. They apologize and are working to correct the issue. It does not affect the fees paid as all are per kit, not per order.
Outside of WA?
For those of you outside Washington state, you can order both kits via Press Then Press. The order cut off date for out-of-state shipments is October 28th.