Updated 12/4 – See the beer lineup below. (image above from Instagram)
It’s little, but it’s big, and it’s wood.
They’ll still roll out some big wood, but just not as much of it, so they’re calling it Little Big Wood. Whatever the case, the folks at Brouwer’s Cafe have missed hosting their beloved wood-aged beer event and are ready to get back in the game. You can still expect Seattle’s venerable beer bar to tap into some amazing barrel-aged and wood-conditioned stouts, sours, and other beery treasures. Brouwer’s Cafe hosts its Little Big Wood festival from December 2nd through 5th.
“Bigwood is one of our favorite festivals here at Brouwer’s Café,” said the announcement. “Why, you ask? Well, it’s the barrel-aged beers of course! For this event, we’re able to tap all styles of beer, from Stouts to Sours, as long as they’ve been aged on wood. Plus these are the ones we personally love to drink!”
Noting that we are still in the midst of a global pandemic, they decided to scale the event down a bit. For this event, they’d normally switch out every tap, but because of the circumstances, this year they’ll offer just 30-ish beers. That’s still a lot. We will add the beer list to this post when it becomes available.
Brouwer’s Cafe will observe all state and county requirements: bring your vax card. It will not be packed elbow-to-elbow this year as seating is limited compared to normal. Still plenty of room for plenty of beer-loving people. Reservations are not available.
“What can you expect? The draft list will be filled with cellar picks from years gone by, as well as some more recently acquired barrel-aged goodies. You won’t be disappointed, and we will release the list in advance! So, come join us for the 2021 Little Bigwood, because well, you deserve it!”
No reservations accepted, bring your mask and your vax card.
Beer lineup is below.
- Alpenfire Gin Barrel Aged Glow (7.5%)
- Alvinne Cuvee D’erplgny Aged in French Sauternes Barrel (15%)
- American Solera Ry(e)Guy Wild Ale (5.6%)
- Avery Samuels (15.45%) Boulder
- Belching Beaver Ride the White Centaur Sour (6.6%) Oceanside
- Boulevard 30th Anniversary Bbl-Aged Stout & Strong Ale Blend(12.5%)
- Breakside BA Aztec’17 (10%)
- Deschutes Black Butte XXVII (11%) Bend
- E9 Tayberry Farmhouse (6.2%)
- Fair Isle Vince Farmhouse Aged in Copperworks Gin Barrels (7.7%)
- Firestone Walker Parabajava ’18 Bbl-Aged Imp Stout w/ Coffee (14%)
- Floodland MMXIX Pinot ’20 (8.3%)
- Fort George Matryoska Imperial Stout ’18 (12.75%)
- Fremont Coconut B-Bomb Bbl-Aged Winter Ale ‘17(14%)
- Gigantic Brewing Pipewrench Gin Bbl-Aged IPA ‘18 (8%) Portland
- Hair of the Dog Matt’19 Strong Ale (11.5%)
- Holy Mountain BBA Kings Head Hazelnut/Vanilla (11.1%) Seattle
- Lagunitas Willet Whiskey Stout ’16 (11.7%)
- Little Beast Golden Stone ’19 w/ Peaches, Nectarines & Apricots(8.1%)
- Matchless Matchless Joy ‘20 Imp Stout (10.2%)
- Mirage The Girl Who Was Death Oak Aged Brett Saison (5.6%)
- New Belgium Oscar in Blackberry Whiskey Barrels (8.8%)
- North Coast BA Old Rasputin XX ’17 (11.1%)
- North Fork Electric Cherryland Bbl-Aged Sour ’17 (7%)
- Panil Barriquée Sour Ale (8%)
- pFriem Brouwer’s 14th Anniversary Huckleberry Sour (7.1%)
- Port Old Viscosity Imperial Stout ‘14 (10%)
- Propolis Flemish Nahonia Saison Brett with Oregon Grapes (7.5%)
- Silly/Jack Rose Silly Willett Bourbon Bbl-Aged Belgian Strong Dark(9%)
- Telegraph Reserve Wheat (5%)
- The Bruery So It Happens Tuesday Imp Stout ’17 (14.5%) Pl
- Tilquin Gueuze Tilquin (5.3%)