We all missed the Washington Brewers Festival at Marymoor Park, which usually happens in June each year. Alas, the last year has been anything but usual. BUT, the Washington Beer Commission triumphantly returns to Redmond on October 8th and 9th to host the Washington Beer Fresh Hop Festival.
Tickets are on sale now. Get more details at the event website.
Veterans of the Washington Brewers Festival should note one major difference between this festival and the annual “Father’s Day beer fest” at Marymoor Park. The Washington Fresh Hop Beer Festival is not all-ages. This event is 21+ on both days, a fact that will delight some beer lovers as much as it bothers some others.
According to the Commission, “The Washington Beer Fresh Hop Festival will bring the heart of the Yakima valley’s hop country to the westside of the state featuring 40 breweries with each pouring at least one fresh hop ale alongside other seasonal favorites.”
In addition to a lot of really great beer, the event will feature food trucks and live music. Of course, the fresh hop beer will be the real star of the show, as well as the other seasonal treats each brewery will bring.
Friday, October 8th: 3pm-6pm – “First Taste Happy Hour”
Saturday, October 9th: Noon-6pm
*This event is 21+ for both Friday & Saturday
- Tickets for Friday’s “First Taste Happy Hour” are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
- Tickets for Saturday are $30 in advance and $35 at the door.
- A two day pass can also be purchased for just $50!
- $5 Designated driver admission available at the gate.
- Admission each day includes a commemorative tasting glass and eight 4oz sample tastes. Additional tastes are $2 each.
6046 West Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE
Redmond, WA 98052
*Parking on-site is $10 per vehicle
For more beer-related events around Washington, check out the Washington Beer Blog’s events page.