By now, most beer lovers around the Seattle area know that the Washington Brewers Festival at Marymoor Park in Redmond was canceled this year for various reasons. It won’t be the same as the big Father’s Day beer fest at Marymoor, but the Ballard Brewery District is putting together its own weekend-long beer festival for Father’s Day weekend, the Ballard Brewed Father’s Day Beer Fest.
The event will include a selection of guest breweries from across the state so festivalgoers can enjoy more than just Ballard-brewed beers. Beers from breweries in faraway places, like Bellingham, Vancouver, Sunnyside, and Spokane. Stroll around the Ballard Brewery District sampling beers from breweries near and far.
“I think many brewers and beer lovers are feeling the hole left by the absence of this year’s Washington Brewers Festival,” says Lara Zahaba or Stoup Brewing. “While we know we can’t possibly fill that hole, we thought bringing a different version of it to Ballard would be fun. We all got together and decided to host a weekend-long event throughout the brewery district.”
The nine participating breweries have each selected two guest breweries and will pour beers from them throughout the weekend. See the list below. Tickets are available online and the $25 ticket price includes a commemorative glass and 8 tokens good for 5-oz tastes at each brewery.
A portion of the ticket proceeds will benefit the Washington Brewers Guild to help support their efforts to rebuild Washington’s most prominent beer events in the future–beloved beer festivals like the Washington Brewers Festival at Marymoor, Cask Beer Festival, Winter Beer Fest, Belgian Fest, and other.
- Bickersons Brewhouse – guests Vice Beer and Sig Brewing
- Fair Isle Brewing – guests TBA
- Lucky Envelope Brewing – guests Lowercase Brewing and Pike Brewing
- Maritime Pacific Brewing – guests TBA
- Obec Brewing – guests TBA
- Reuben’s Brews – guests Bizarre Brewing and Wander Brewing
- Stoup Brewing – – guests Otherlands and Project 9
- Urban Family Brewing – guests Ravenna Brewing and Varietal Beer Co.
- Wheelie Pop Brewing – guests Iron Goat Brewing and Outer Planet Brewing
For more beer-related events around Washington, check out the Washington Beer Blog’s events page.