The Washington Beer Blog is headquartered in West Seattle. In other words, we’ve been on an island for over two years. Accidental Island is the neighborhood’s nickname for it. Our suffering is about to end when the city reopens the West Seattle Bridge and reconnects us to the rest of the world. The big day is slated for September 18th. Fingers crossed. (Above: The Reunited IPA brew team welcomes you back to West Seattle.)
In terms of beer, a lot has changed over here while we’ve lived in isolation.
- The Good Society Brewery & Public House debuted just as the pandemic was opening and the bridge was closing. In isolation, it was quite a debut, too. In 2020 they won a GABF Gold Medal and were named Best Small Brewpub of the Year. AND YOU PROBABLY HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF GOOD SOCIETY! Isolation. It hurts.
- In response to the situation presented by the pandemic, Beveridge Place Pub converted its parking lot into a massive, lovely beer garden. It’s a fabulous spot to enjoy an open-air beer.
- Best of Hands Barrelhouse and Brewery expanded its outdoor seating area too.
- The Beer Junction added a covered seating area out front on California Ave.
- So too did Elliott Bay Brewery and Pub.
- A bit farther south, Future Primitive Brewing‘s outdoor space is now massive, with much of it covered.
- Even farther south, in Burien, Logan Brewing opened mid-pandemic and is rapidly gaining the admiration of local, and not-so-local beer fans.
- Probably some other stuff that my isolation-traumatized brain is forgetting.
So here we are. The bridge is about to reopen. Hopefully. (Forgive me if I sound pessimistic; it’s been a long haul.) To celebrate West Seattle’s reunion with the rest of the world some local businesses came up with a plan. Good Society, Best of Hands, Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden, The Beer Junction, and Beveridge Place Pub teamed up to collaborate on a beer: Reunited IPA.
That beer will be on tap around West Seattle when you get here. AND the good folks at Ounces Taproom and Beer Garden have a special weekend planned to commemorate the West Seattle Bridge’s big reopening. It’s a two-day affair. One day for all of us Westies to commiserate together for a last time, and the next to welcome the world back to West Seattle.
Here is all the event info straight from Ounces Taproom and Beer Garden.
WEST SEATTLE BEER MAVENS PARTNER TO BREW ‘REUNITED IPA’ IN HONOR OF LOOMING BRIDGE OPEN
Beer to be released as part of Bridge Opening Party at Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden 9/17 & 9/18.
Seattle, WA –– The Beer Businesses of West Seattle have partnered to brew a very special beer in honor of the upcoming West Seattle Bridge Open. The beer, called Reunited IPA, was brewed in partnership with Good Society Brewing, Best of Hands Barrelhouse, Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden, The Beer Junction and Beveridge Place Pub—all beer-focused businesses based in West Seattle.
Reunited IPA is set to be released at Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden’s Bridge Opening Party on September 17th & 18th, and can additionally be found on tap at each of the respective partner taprooms. In addition to the release of Reunited IPA, Ounces’ Two-Day Bridge Opening Party will feature local live music, food trucks, dessert vendors and more! Saturday’s Event on September 17th will be themed “Last Day on the WS Island” and feature an island theme with FREE lei’s and sunglasses to the first 100 people, a Island Bounce House for kids, Hawaiian Big Boys Food Truck, Ice Cream from Sweet Alchemy Ice Creamery, a Pop-Up Market showcasing all local West Seattle Businesses…and more.
The celebration continues Sunday, September 18th with a FREE hiit class, courtesy of local West Seattle HIIT Studio, Hiit Lab, then rolls on with a day of live music featuring local musicians and bands including Hayward Sun, Shadow Pattern and Mono A Mono.
Both days of the event are FREE! Dogs & kids welcome!
Full event details and a timeline of events can be found at:
About Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden: Ounces Taproom & Beer Garden is a family-friendly neighborhood Beer Bar just off the Delridge exit of the West Seattle Bridge. Ounces features 30 rotating taps of all Washington brewed beer, cider & wine, and offers a unique year-round indoor/outdoor concept with a cozy indoor space and ample outdoor seating, much of which is covered/heated. It is dog-friendly and welcomes all ages, along with a rotating cast of food trucks.