Time flies when you’re drinking good beer. Back in 2014, Tom Schmidlin brought his dream of opening a brewery to life, unveiling Postdoc Brewing in Redmond. In addition to creating great beers, Postdoc Brewing created a community hub at its brewery and taproom, which borders Marymoor Park in Redmond, Washington.
From February 24th through March 1st, Postdoc Brewing celebrates its five-year anniversary. The range of events includes fun for the family as well as special beer releases and events aimed to please and educate beer enthusiasts.
Visit the event page on Facebook.
Here is the official announcement, with a schedule of events for the anniversary week:
Postdoc Brewing in Redmond, Washington invites you to join them as they celebrate their 5-year anniversary. Since opening its doors in 2014, Postdoc has taken a scientific approach to making quality beer for their community. Head Brewer Tom Schmidlin puts his PhD in Biochemistry to work every day when drawing up new recipes. His emphasis on yeast studies has helped Postdoc’s beer maintain it’s high quality that customers return for every day.
In addition to quality beer, Postdoc has focused on being a community partner to the Eastside. Postdoc makes its event space, capable of hosting parties of 70 or more in the summer, free of cost to the public. On a Saturday you may see a kid’s soccer party, baby’s first birthday, wedding reception or retirement party.
Postdoc also believes in giving back to the community that has made us successful. In 2019 Postdoc donated $26,900 to 7 nonprofits through programs like Resilience IPA collaboration and Out For Blood.
To celebrate all this Postdoc invites you to a week-long celebration with events and giveaways every day of the week 2/24-3/1. Check out the schedule of events below! https://www.facebook.com/ events/141943106797887/
• Monday 2/24: Taproom Trivia Anniversary Edition 7:30-9:00p
• Tuesday 2/25: Arts and Drafts Flower Alcohol Ink Class 6:30-8:30p
• Wednesday 2/26: FREE Comedy Show 8:00-9:30p
• Thursday 2/27: Indian Cuisine and Beer Pairing with Meesha 6:00-8:00p
***Glass giveaway to first 50 customers at open***
• Friday 2/28: Bottle Release of 5 Barrel-Aged Beers 4:00-10:00p
– 2020 Hogus Maximus Barriclus Bourbon Barrel-Aged Strong Ale
– 2019 Hogus Maximus Extremis Bourbon Barrel-Aged Strong Ale
– 2019 Hogus Maximus Extremis Bourbon Barrel-Aged Strong Ale Aged on Coffee
– 2018 Double Barrel-Aged Demon Star Imperial Stout
– Evans Kriek Flanders Red
***Glass Giveaway to first 50 customers at open***
• Saturday 2/29: Family Day 12:00-8:00p
– Brewery Tours at Noon, 2pm and 5pm
– Sensory Analysis Lecture with Lead Brewer Brian Donohue 1-2pm – Po Pappa’s Nut 12-6
– Nomad Art Lab 1-3
– Puget Sound Balloon Twisting 1-5p
– “For the Love of Craft” screening 6-8p
*** Glass Giveaway to first 50 customers at open***
• Sunday 3/1: HIIT and Hops with Tina 10:30-11:30am
• Bingo, Brunch and Brews 12-3pm