Coffee Beer Week returns for the first time in 3 years
Back in 2016, Georgetown Brewing scored a GABF gold medal for its coffee beer: Gusta Crema Coffee Cream Ale. In fact, that same beer scored its second medal at this year’s GABF. It really is a sublime coffee beer. Maybe the best I’ve ever had.
Gusta Crema Coffee Cream Ale is just one of the many coffee beers that you’ll find at this year’s Coffee Beer Week celebration, which kicks off this Friday, November 25th at The Beer Junction in West Seattle. Contrary to popular belief, not all coffee beers are dark beers, as the list below shows.
So go ahead. Don’t be afraid. Take a drive across that newly reopened, big, beautiful West Seattle Bridge and enjoy some coffee beers at The Beer Junction.
Below is the opening lineup for Coffee Beer Week 2022. You’ll find these nine beers on tap when The Beer Junction opens at 11:00 on Friday. You can always keep an eye on The Beer Junction’s live tap list here.
- Alesmith Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout – Imperial coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels with Vietnamese Coffee
- Aslan Arcade Awakens Coffee Pale Ale – NW Pale Ale brewed with Big Bear blend from Bellingham Coffee Roasters
- Bale Breaker Dormancy Breakfast Stout – Oatmeal Stout brewed with chocolate and conditioned on Lincoln Avenue Coffee beans
- Epic Big Bad Baptist Reserve Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout – The Brewer’s Reserve blend of several barrel-aged variants of Big Bad Baptist, an imperial stout brewed with coffee and cocoa nibs
- Fremont Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2019) – A blend of 24, 18, 12, and 8-month Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Dark Star conditioned on coffee in 7-12 year old Kentucky bourbon barrels
- Georgetown Gusto Crema Coffee Cream Ale – A smooth, rich cream ale brewed with Gusto Crema blend from Caffe Umbria
- Holy Mountain Street King Coffee Brown Ale – American Brown Ale cold conditioned with Bereka blend coffee from Boona Bonna
- Structures Coffee Conjurer Vienna Lager – Medium bodied Vienna Lager brewed with Bygone Blend from Steeds Coffee Roasters
- Urban Family & Old Stove Stove-altine Maple and Coffee Milk Stout – Breakfast Stout brewed with Maple, Coffee, and Lactose
For more beer-related events around Washington, check out the Washington Beer Blog’s events page.