A party at the brewery this Saturday commemorates five years of great beers and more.
In 2020, Seattle’s Burke-Gilman Brewing earned top honors at the Alpha King competition. For some beer lovers, that’s the first time they ever heard about the brewery in Seattle’s Laurelhurst neighborhood, located just down the street from Children’s Hospital. The Alpha King award is, perhaps, the most coveted of all hop-focused beer awards in the entire nation, but that is not the only thing the brewery has accomplished over its five-year history.
“Burke-Gilman Brewing has done a lot over these years, but the thing we’re most proud of is becoming a fixture in the local community, serving nationally recognized beers in a relaxed neighborhood hangout,” said an announcement from the brewery. “We owe it all to you, beer nerds, so we’re throwing you a party! Saturday, all day.”
For the occasion, the brewery will release some special beers, including some stuff it’s been holding onto for just such an occasion. Here’s some of what the brewery has planned for you:
- This year’s Sakura, a saison aged on fresh cherry blossoms, on tap AND in bottles.
- Keepsake, a delicious cold IPA brewed with sake yeast, brewed in collaboration with Japan’s largest craft brewery, Yo-Ho Brewing.
- A special keller-version of this year’s Vitamin R.
- Some barrel-aged stuff from deep in the vault.
- We’ll think up more, I’m pretty sure – Saturday is still a few days away!
- We’ve also got Emily of Baked Bewitchments coming by to share some of her baked treats.
Date: Saturday, July 29th, 2023
Time: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Location: Burke-Gilman Brewing, 3626 NE 45th St, Seattle
Check out the Washington Beer Blog’s events page for more beer-related events around Washington.