WABL is having it’s first-ever camp-out party this year on Labor Day weekend at Deception Pass State Park. (Still don’t know what WABL is? Want to join WABL? Click here.) If you aren’t free on Labor Day weekend, but camping with beer geeks sounds fun, our bloggy friends over at Seattle Beer News are also having a camp-out. Their’s is a couple weeks later, the weekend of Sept. 19th.
The WABL campout is for WABL members only. It’s easy to join. Pretty much the only requirement is that you be a WA Beer Lover. This is a great opportunity to get out in the woods, meet new and interesting people, and drink good beer with them. Here are some details from the WABL committee:
WA Beer/WABL campout at Deception Pass
Washington brewers and WABL members are cordially invited to the 1st annual WA Beer/WABL campout at Deception Pass. We have reserved a group camp site at Deception Pass for Saturday, September 5th – Monday, September 7th during the Labor Day weekend. This is a 21+ only, WA brewer/WABL exclusive event.
Here’s some detail:
- This is a “do-it-yourself” “bring-your-own-everything” event. You are responsible for your own transportation to/from the camp site, setting up your tents, and for everything you will need during the weekend including food, water, beer, tent, camping gear, etc.
- Please bring your own food and beverages (including beer) and feel free to bring extra to share with others. We’ll do potluck each night and it’s all about sharing good food, beer & time with great company!
- Deception Pass is the most popular state park in Washington State. There will be lots to do including hiking, swimming, fishing, etc. You can sign up for groups and partake in those activities with fellow WABLers/brewers, or you are welcome to make your own plans individually (but be safe!).
- We’re also considering doing a cook-off, possibly using beer as an ingredient. More info to be announced soon…
Deception Pass State Park
41020 State Route 20
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Group camp site 1
It has a fire circle, picnic shelter, vault toilet and five tent pads. It provides two adirondack (three-sided) sleeping shelters that combined sleep 16 people.
Park info: www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Deception%20Pass
How to sign up
This is a 21+ only, WA brewer/WABL exclusive event (sorry, no non-WABL guests). You must be a current WABL member in September, 2009 to be eligible. About 20 spots are reserved for Washington brewers and 30 spots are reserved for WABL members (exact breakdown subject to change depending on demand by each group).
For WABL members first 15 spots are first-come, first-serve and the rest will be selected by a random drawing, if the number exceeds the capacity. Sign up fee is $10 per person. You can reserve both nights, or just one night (fee is the same regardless of the number of nights). If you’d like to reserve your spot please mail a check payable to the Washington Brewers Guild to P.O. Box 20014, Seattle, WA 98102 by July 31st. Please make sure to include the following info with the check:
* Your name and WABL ID number
* Other WABL members whom you wished to be grouped with and therefore don’t want to be separated (i.e. husband gets picked and wife doesn’t). Please write down all the names in your group and indicate that you do not want to be separated.
* Night(s) you want to participate (Saturday night, Sunday night, or both)
3 thoughts on “Beer Geeks Go Camping”
If you want to do full enjoyment then here is the chance. They provides you chance of camping with fun. This website is good to see, where we find many thing of our own fun.
The WABL campout is for WABL members only. It’s easy to join. Pretty much the only requirement is that you be a WA Beer Lover. This is a great opportunity to get out in the woods, meet new and interesting people, and drink good beer with them.
Thanks again for the article post. Cool.
Comments are closed.